HASP4 Driver GUI Installer: Readme
The list below includes new HASP Device Driver features, improvements,
issues addressed, and other relevant information.
Version 220.127.116.11 (January 2006)
- Support for Windows Vista x86 and x64 operating systems.
- Win32 HASP Envelope-protected applications that use DataHASP or overlays can now run on Win x64 operating systems.
By default, the Vista operating system displays a User Account Control message during driver installation. You must click Allow to continue the installation. Alternatively, you can change the default setting from the Control Panel of your Vista operating system.
- To run Win32 HASP Envelope-protected applications that use DataHASP or overlays on Windows x64 operating systems, you must install the drivers using a HASP installer utility. Drivers installed using Windows Update do not enable DataHASP and overlay functionality for these applications.
- When using Win32 HASP Envelope-protected applications using DataHASP or overlays that run on Windows x64 operating systems, to prevent possible data loss any memory-mapped files must be unmapped by the application.
- Vista is supported by applications protected using the following products. If you are using older API or Envelope versions than those described below, you must re-link your application to the latest API library and/or re-protect it using the latest Envelope.
||8.01 and later
||12.10 and later
- Ref # 5116: When using DataHASP protection on an x64 operating system, with certain anti-virus applications, data may be lost.
- Ref # 5213: If you are running a Windows 95 operating system and you uninstall HASP Device Driver, you must reboot your computer to complete the uninstallation process, even if not prompted to do so by the installation wizard.
© Aladdin Knowledge Systems 1985–present. All rights reserved.